South Korea special prosecution says deeply regrets court ruling on Samsung chief

The South Korean special prosecutor’s office said on Thursday it “deeply regrets” a court ruling to deny its request to arrest Samsung Group [SAGR.UL] leader Jay Y. Lee and said it will continue its investigation into the graft scandal involving President Park Geun-hye. “We will consider necessary measures and continue with the investigation without wavering,” special prosecution spokesman Lee Kyu-chul told reporters during a briefing, without elaborating. The Seoul Central District Court earlier on Thursday dismissed a warrant to arrest the 48-year-old Lee, who was named a suspect as part of an investigation into the political scandal that has led to the impeachment of President Park.

Original story here.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply