Italy’s foreign ministry came under cyber attack in 2016: source

Italy's foreign ministry was hacked last year, a source close to the department said on Friday, confirming a report in the Guardian newspaper which also said Russia was suspected of perpetrating the attack. Last spring, hackers got into the system at the ministry, which was then headed by now-Prime Minister Paolo Gentiloni, and the attacks carried on for more than four months but did not gain access to classified information, the paper said. "The Italian government had already informed (the paper) of what it is reporting today," the source said in response to the article, noting that security had since been stepped up.

Original story here.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply