Chelsea apologizes to abused former player

English soccer club Chelsea issued a public apology to former striker Gary Johnson on Saturday for the sexual abuse he suffered as a young player and said it had been wrong to insist on a confidentiality clause when paying him compensation. Johnson, 57, said on Friday that he had been abused by former Chelsea chief scout Eddie Heath in the 1970s, receiving 50,000 pounds from the club in settlement in 2015. Chelsea added that an external review would establish whether they carried out a proper investigation when the allegations first surfaced.

Original story here.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply