Australia’s controversial census in chaos after possible cyber attack

By Tom Westbrook SYDNEY (Reuters) РAustralia's first online national census was in chaos on Wednesday after the survey website crashed overnight due to a possible cyber attack, raising concerns over the country's cyber security and criticism of its slow internet services. "It was an attack and we believe from overseas," Australia’s chief statistician, David Kalisch told Australian Broadcasting Corp radio. Kalisch said that no data from the 2.3 million forms already submitted to the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) had been stolen.

Original story here.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply